DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY
The Department provides Referral Clinic services for all types of urological problems with special service for primary sterility of males and gynecological problems in females twice a week.
The Department continues to provide following major and minor surgical procedures including Endoscopic surgeries routinely as patient care facilities.
1. Endoscopic surgeries for urethral strictures, begin prostatic hyperplasia, bladder and Ur4teric stones, Prostatic carcinomas, bladder carcinomas and cystopanendoscopies for various genitor-urinary problems:-
2. Renal stone surgery.
3. Renal Nephrectomy for kidney tumors.
4. Radical Nephrectomy for genitourinary tuberculosis.
5. Reconstructive surgical procedures for urethral stricture, Hypospadias and pelviureteric junction (PUJ) obstructions Bori’s flap an Ureteroneocystotomy for urethral strictures.
Augmentation cystoplasty for small contracted bladder.
6. Pubovaginal sling operation for cystocele with stress incontinence.
7. CT guided cyst aspiration Ultrasonographically guided percutaneous nephrostomies (PCN), DJ Stenting, ultrasound guided renal cyst aspiration.
8. Repair of complicated Vesico-vaginal fistulas.
9. A-V fistula for haemodialysis.
10. CAPD catheter insertion for ambulatory peritoneal dialysis in chronic renal failure patients.
11. URSL (Semi Rigid Uretero Renoscopy and breaking the stones with Swiss Lithoclast) is routinely done in the department.
12. Kidney Transplant surgeries are being done routinely.
13. Radical Cystectomy with various forms of urinary diversion is routinely done for bladder tumours (Neo bladder, Menz’s puch and ileal conduit)
14. Urodynamic laboratory carries out various dynamic and pressure functioning studies of lower urinary tract, the department has acquired a new state of the art video- Urodynamic machine.
Thermo gravimetric stone analysis is carried out in the laboratory attached to ward-4.
DR. WANI MOHAMMAD SALEEM
Professor & Head
PROF. BALDEV SINGH WAZIR
||GMC Srinagar Kashmir
||June - 1978
||Dec - 1985
- FICS (UROLOGY)
- FAIS (UROLOGY)
- NZ - USI
- NZ - ASI
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
- CD 147 Expression in Patient with TCC Urinary Bladder - Unlikely as a Molecular Marker of Tumour Presence.
- Role of TGFB1 in the Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC)
AREAS OF INTEREST
DR. BHAT ARIF HAMID
DR. KHAWJA ABDUL ROUF